1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Acceptance of a prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 13 74 78) (Promoter).
3. The promotion commences at 12.01am (AEST) on 11 June 2019 and closes at 11.59pm (AEST) on 31 August 2019 (Promotion Period).
Entry Period is from 12.01am (AEST) on 11 June 2019 to 11.59pm (AEST) on 21 June 2019 (Entry Period)
4. Entry into the promotion is open to Qantas Business members aged 18 years of age or over (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, agents, employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, or Mike Da Silva and Associates (Aust) Pty Ltd ABN 50 003 894 022 (MDSA) and each of their related bodies corporate; registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate; and members whose Qantas Business or Frequent Flyer account is suspended, cancelled or otherwise terminated at any time during the Promotion Period or at the time of the draw or any redraw (as applicable).
5. To enter, Eligible Entrants must be available to take the prize on the date indicated in Clause 12.5, and book an eligible flight during the Entry Period and travel before 11.59pm (AEST) on 31 August 2019. Each flown Domestic segment will earn 1 entry in the draw. Each flown International segment will earn 2 entries. Four (4) Winners will be drawn at random from all eligible entries.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age, place of residence and Qantas Frequent Flyer membership) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
7. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
8. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
10. The draw will take place at 2.00pm (AEST) on 3 September 2019 at MDSA, Level 2, 40 Yeo Street, Neutral Bay NSW 2089. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer). The winners will be the first Four(4) eligible entries drawn on this day.
11. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. There will be four (4) prize winners. Each prize winner will receive a prize package consisting of :
1. A Qantas Flight Simulator experience for two people (the Winner and their guest) held on 11 October 2019 at the Qantas Flight Training Facility located on the Qantas Jetbase, situated off Qantas Drive, Mascot, adjacent to Sydney Domestic Airport. The experience consists of:
a. 1 hour session for 2 people in the Boeing 747-400 flight simulator
b. A one on one pre-flight briefing with an experienced Qantas instructor
c. An exclusive behind the scenes tour of our Qantas Flight Training facility at the Qantas Jetbase
d. A total experience of approximately 2.5 hours in duration
e. An individual flight certificate and gift pack per person, and;
2. AUD$1,000 Qantas Flight Voucher, and;
3. AUD $1000 Qantas Hotels Voucher, and;
4. Dinner for two (2) at Rockpool Bar & Grill to the value of AUD$400
Prize elements subject to availability at the time of booking.
The total maximum value of each prize is AUD$3,899.03. The maximum value of each Prize is provided for information purposes only. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the maximum value of each Prize.
MAXIMUM TOTAL PRIZE POOL VALUE: AUD$15,596.12.
12.2 The winners and their guest (who must be 18 years of age or over) are responsible for all other expenses.
12.3 Each element of the Prize is subject to availability at the time of booking. The winner and their guest must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or using Qantas Points. If the winner resides outside of Australia, airfares to Australia will not be provided. Prize does not include transfers, travel expenses from winner's residence in Australia to the nearest Australian capital city airport or if a NSW resident, from their residence to the Qantas Flight Simulator experience or Rockpool Bar and Grill.
12.4 The winners and their guest must be available to redeem the Prize as outlined in clause 12. No compensation will be paid to the winners or their guest if they are unable to redeem the Prize for any reason, including not being available for the Flight Simulator experience or Rockpool dining date, or for any dates prior to the expiry of the voucher prizes. .
12.5.1 Qantas Flight Simulator experience details;
- Qantas Flight Simulator session will be held on 11 October 2019
- Qantas Flight Simulator involves a degree of physical mobility and may not be suitable for some people. Participants must be in good health and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated by the motion of the simulator. Qantas Flight Simulator advises that pregnant women should seek medical advice prior to undertaking a simulator session due to the potentially volatile nature of the simulator ride.
- When redeeming the Prize, you confirm and undertake that you have the authority to accept, and do accept, the Terms and Conditions on behalf of all participants and have the authority to act on behalf of all participants with respect to the Qantas Flight Simulator experience.
- Winners will need to adhere to the Qantas specific Simulator Terms and Conditions www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/program/qantas-flight-simulator-terms and sign any forms provided by the Qantas Flight Operations team to be eligible for this prize and sign any indemnity we provide before the day before being eligible for this prize.
- Qantas Security requires all persons to present a current drivers license or valid passport upon entry.
- Qantas Flight Simulator booking cannot be cancelled, rescheduled or refunded. Session times are subject to change at Qantas' discretion.
- Read the Qantas Flight Simulator terms and conditions.
12.5.2. Qantas Flight Voucher details;
- Valid for one (1) year from the date of issue
- Amounts are in Australian dollars and are non-refundable and cannot be used for multi-city bookings, Classic Reward or Any Seat bookings, redeemed for Cash or other services such as additional baggage or seat selection
- Redeemable only through Qantas.com or through contact centres. An additional booking fee applies to redemptions through Qantas Contact Centres. Only one (1) voucher can be redeemed per booking
- Qantas Flight Voucher conditions apply www.qantas.com/travel/airlines/voucher-terms-conditions/global/en
12.5.3. Qantas Hotels Voucher details;
- Valid for one (1) year from date of issue
- Amounts are in Australian dollars
- Redeemable only through Qantas Hotels or through contact centres. An additional booking fee applies to redemptions through Qantas Contact Centres.
Only one (1) voucher can be redeemed per booking, any unused difference between actual amount and maximum amount will be forfeited
- The winner may be requested to supply a Credit Card on arrival at the booked accommodation to cover any ancillary costs that may be occured during their stay
- The voucher may only be used towards room charges only, and no ancillary costs such as room service
- Qantas Hotel Voucher conditions apply
Dinner at Rockpool Bar and Grill details;
- Must be able to attend the session on 11 October 2019
- Must be over 18 to participate
- Food and beverages up to the value of AU$200 each per attendee will be covered. Anything additional will be the responsibility of the Winner
- Winner must cover all costs associated with travel to and from the restaurant
- Winner must adhere to any dress code and entry conditions of the restaurant
12.6 Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with travel discounts or special offers.
12.7 A prize (or any part thereof) cannot be sold, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken for cash.
12.8 The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variations in the travel itinerary due to flight delays, flight cancellations as per the prize quoted in clause 12. There will be no recourse on any financial compensation or replacement air tickets or accommodation.
12.9 The winner and their guest agree to abide to any prevailing terms and conditions of flight provider (Conditions of Carriage), services provider, and in particular, any health, behaviour, age and safety requirements. Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited by the winners.
12.10 The Promoter reserves the right to require the winners (and their guest) to sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter, Agent, or suppliers of prizes, in their absolute discretion including without limitation a form of waiver or release with respect to acceptance or usage of the prize, or any liability arising out of or in relation to a Prize or this Competition
12.11 All prize elements cannot be exchanged, transferred or redeemed for cash. If for any reason, a prize winner cannot take any component of the prize then that portion of the prize will be forfeited and not redeemable for cash.
12.12 All components of the prize are subject to availability. In the event that any component of a prize is unavailable for any reason, subject to State legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute that prize component with another prize of equal value and the prize winner will be notified accordingly.
12.13 No refund or exchange except as required by law and as otherwise specified by the seller.
12.14 The Prize may not be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via online auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services by the bearer. If The Prize is sold or used in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission.
12.15 In participating in the prize, the winner agrees to participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners grant the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the winners will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
12.16 The winner and their guest agree that they will not sell or otherwise make available their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
12.17 It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winners must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier's requirements.
All travel using this prize, will be subject to the general conditions of carriage. The Promoter and Prize Supplier make no representations as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. It is the responsibility of the Winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations before travel.
13. Winners are responsible for all costs not expressly listed as being included in the Prize, including without limitation, meals, entertainment, other travel and accommodation, incidentals, gratuities, services charges, optional extras, transfers, passports, visas, re-entry permits, spending money, freights, excess baggage, government taxes, departure taxes, ground transportation any tax liabilities, airport charges, any applicable surcharges and any other related costs. Unless otherwise specified in the Schedule, travel insurance is not included in the Prize and will be the responsibility of the winner(s). Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
14. The Prizes must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the Prize as stated. The prizes cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. The Prizes cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a Prize that the winners accepts the conditions of use of that Prize.
15. The Prize winners must be available to take the prize during the stated period outlined in Clause 12.4. Inability to travel during this time will result in the forfeit of the Prize. A Prize winner and their guest must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize.
16. The Prizes includes GST and taxes included in the price of the tickets. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the Prize winners and their guest. It is the responsibility of the Prize winners and their guest to ensure that they have full and correct documentation for travel. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas' general Conditions of Carriage.
17. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued.
18. If a Prize (or part of a Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
19. The winners will be notified by phone and in writing by email within two business days of the draw using the phone number and the email address listed in their Qantas Business profile as applicable and their names will be published in The Australian newspaper on 6 September 2019.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
20. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. If a prize remains unclaimed at 5.30pm (AEDT) on 10 September 2019 a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 11 September 2019 at the same time and location as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by phone and in writing within two business days of the draw and their name, if any, will be published in The Australian newspaper on 16 September 2019.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
21. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
22. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
23. The exclusion of liability in clause 23 above does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a. for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; or the Promoter's Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b. to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
24. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of the prize winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
26. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/34603, ACT Permit No. TP19/03368 & SA Licence No. T19/764.