Qantas Business Rewards 'Win a share of 10 million Qantas Points' Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Acceptance of a prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 13 74 78) (Promoter).
3. The promotion commences at 12.01am AEST 1 May 2017 and closes at 11:59pm 31 July 2017 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open to all Australia based businesses with an ABN, excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter or Mike Da Silva and Associates (AUST) Pty Ltd ABN 50 003 894 022 (MDSA) and each of their related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate (Eligible Entrants).
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, Eligible Entrants must join the Qantas Business Rewards program between 1 May 2017 and 30 June 2017 and/or earn Qantas Point/s with any Qantas Business Rewards Partner during the Promotion Period. Eligible Entrants will receive 100 entries into the competition for joining the Qantas Business Rewards program between 1 May 2017 and 30 June 2017, and 1 entry into the competition for every Qantas Point that is earned with a Qantas Business Rewards Partner and credited to the Member's Qantas Business Rewards account during the Promotion Period.
Qantas Points are taken to be credited when they appear in the Qantas Business Rewards Activity Statement which can be checked online at qantasbusinessrewards.com/statement. Depending on the statement cycle of the Qantas Business Rewards partner, it can take up to 90 days for Qantas Points to be credited to the Member's Qantas Business Rewards account after making an eligible purchase with a Qantas Business Rewards Partner. Accordingly, eligible purchases made with a Qantas Business Rewards Partner during the Promotion Period may or may not be credited during the Promotion Period.
6. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction, any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
7. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time that the business joins the Qantas Business Rewards program and/or when the Qantas Point/s are credited to the Qantas Business Rewards Member's account.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
9. The draw will take place at 2:00pm (AEST) on 4 August 2017 at MDSA, 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer)
10. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. There will be five major prizes (the Major Prizes) and 20 secondary prizes (the Secondary Prizes).
Each Major Prize consists of:
Each Secondary Prize consists of:
The maximum notional value of each Major Prize of 1,000,000 Qantas Points is $8,334 based on a sample of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards that could be obtained by transferring the points to a Qantas Frequent Flyer account and redeeming through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (as fully defined in the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program available at qantas.com/terms). For example 998,300 Qantas Points could be redeemed for a one way First Points Plus Pay Flight on a Flex fare from London (Heathrow) to Sydney including applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges, accurate as at 15 March 2017. The dollar fare for an equivalent commercial flight totals AU$8,334 including taxes fees and carrier charges.
The maximum notional value of each Secondary Prize of 250,000 Qantas Points is $1,725 based on a sample of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards that could be obtained by transferring the points to a Qantas Frequent Flyer account and redeeming through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (as fully defined in the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program available at qantas.com/terms). For example 244,600 Qantas Points could be redeemed for a return Economy Points Plus Pay Flight on a Flex fare from Sydney to Hong Kong including applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges, accurate as at 15 March 2017. The dollar fare for an equivalent commercial flight totals AU$1,725 including taxes fees and carrier charges.
The maximum notional value of the total prize pool is $76,170.
The estimate of the maximum notional value of the total prize pool is provided for the purposes of information only. The maximum notional value of the prizes will vary depending on how the prizes are redeemed by each winner through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of a prize.
The Prize must be taken as stated and is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services.
12. If the Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
13. The winners will be notified by phone and email by 8 August 2017 using the phone number and email address listed in their Qantas Business Rewards account, and their names will be published on qantas.com/business and the Major Prize winners will also be published in The Australian newspaper on 11 August 2017.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
14. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 5:00pm (AEST) on 6 November 2017 a second draw will be conducted by the Promoter on 20 November 2017 at the same time and place as the first draw subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by phone and email by 22 November 2017 using the phone number and email address listed in their Qantas Business Rewards account, and their name will be published on qantas.com/business and the Major Prize winner/s, if any, will also be published in The Australian newspaper on 27 November 2017.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
15. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
16. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
17. The exclusion of liability in clause 16 above does not apply to limit or exclude liability: a. for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; b. to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
18. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of the winners may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
19. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought. We recommend you consult your accountant or tax adviser to ensure you understand possible tax implications, for example fringe benefits tax (if applicable).
20. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/12477, ACT TP17/00489, & SA Licence No. T17/465.